Elizabeth Bayley, MS, NCC is a new therapist who has just begun her journey with Pittsburgh Psychotherapy Associates! As we always do with our new clinicians, we asked Elizabeth questions so that her potential clients can get to know her.
Take a look at what we discovered.
- What makes you smile? Why? My corgi because he keeps me grounded in the moment. Mindfulness is a skill that is immensely important living in a culture that is consistently planning for tomorrow, so much so that sometimes we forget to enjoy today! If you join me virtually, and you love dogs-tell me and you can meet Macaroon-the wonder corgi.
- What was the last book you read that had an impact? What were your thoughts on it? “Maybe you should talk to someone” by Lori Gottlieb. It reminded me of how brave individuals are that freely choose to enter therapy-to actively seek self-improvement and awareness is a courageous endeavor. The author-a therapist herself, shares her feelings about being a client, as well as her thoughts about therapy. A great read for anyone currently in therapy, or those in the discipline.
- What was the most interesting place you have traveled? Why? I loved traveling to Ireland-my family is primarily Irish, so being able to visit places like Dublin, Galway, Sligo and many other small towns had great meaning to me. My favorite day trip was seeing the breathtaking Cliffs of Moher. I’ve said to anyone thinking about visiting Ireland, that you’ve never seen the color green until you’ve been to the Emerald Isle!
- Coffee or tea? Coffee, coffee, coffee-but put enough cream in it that the coffee content is negligible.
- How do you build trust in clients? Being authentic and genuine is important for the connection needed to form a therapeutic alliance. I recently read that the testament to an effective practitioner is someone that is the same person in the therapy appointment as they are in “real” life.
- If you could have dinner with anyone, whether they are dead or alive, who would it be? William Shakespeare-I’m an English Literature nerd at heart.
Does Elizabeth seem like a good fit for you? You can request an appointment with her by clicking here or by calling us at 412.367.0575.